Welcome to 3-Gun with WHSC
As the name indicates, a “3-Gun” a.k.a. "Multi-Gun" match challenges shooters to utilize three different types of guns (semi-auto rifle, semi-auto pistol, and a pump or semi-auto shotgun) in a controlled course of fire that simulates all sorts of different shooting scenarios. Shooting positions vary from standing, sitting, kneeling, or prone, and even moving/walking while shooting or running between shooting positions. Targets can be stationary or moving and either cardboard IDPA-style, steel plates or clay pigeons.
We hold a 3-Gun match on the 2nd Saturday of every month.
These matches are open to the public & new shooters are welcome.
Hammer down is at 9:00am & sign up begins at 8:30am. Matches are usually over between 1 - 3 pm.
Please show up an hour early to help set up & stay to help tear down.
Minimum Ammunition to bring:
|Rifle: 100 rounds
Pistol: 50 rounds
Shotgun: Bird Shot (no larger than #4), 25 rounds
Shotgun: Slugs, 5 rounds
Our safety rules are as follows:
- We maintain a COLD RANGE at all times. All guns are to be unloaded, magazine out / magazine tube empty, and hammer/striker down. Rifle & shotguns are required to have chamber flags (example here).
- If you have a loaded firearm on you when you arrive at the range (i.e. concealed carry weapon or law enforcement/armed security duty weapon), head straight to a clear and safe location (an unused shooting bay) and clear your weapon before proceeding to the match staging area.
- Always be aware of your muzzle direction. Handle rifles and shotguns in a muzzle UP or down orientation only. Keep pistols holstered when not in use. If you must handle your firearm outside of the firing line, do it at the designated safe area muzzle pointed into the berm. Ammunition is not allowed in the safe areas!
- Eye & ear protection is required at all times for the duration of the match by shooters and spectators, whether on the firing line or not. Bullet and bird shot fragments can easily ricochet off targets 30 yards away back to the staging area–it happens at every match. The fragments are usually harmless to your skin, but would be very unpleasant in your eye. Please don’t risk it and ruin the match for everyone else because of a lack of simple safety!
- Failure to follow any of these safety rules is grounds for immediate disqualification.
Chamber Flags are now required for all rifles & shotguns. Empty brass, hulls or rope are no longer acceptable. We will have some Chamber Flags available for purchase at the match, 1 for $2 or 2 for $3. Your welcome to use your own but... Chamber Flags must be high visibility & extend into the chamber while preventing the bolt from closing.